Historic and Cultural Attractions
- The Adirondack Lakes Center for the Arts - Take a trip through history by visiting the Art Center, which was originated in the 60's as one of the first and foremost art centers in the country, replicated to this day by many other art facilities. The Art Center offers year round gallery displays and classes to expand your knowledge of the Arts. Some learned skills are Adirondack Pack Basket weaving, Pottery and Water Color Painting, etc. Also in the summer the Art Center offers a Three Month Concert series featuring music from Jazz to Blue Grass.
- The Adirondack Museum - The finest regional museum educating visitors and locals alike about life in the Adirondacks. Join them for a hands on learning experience or browse their great exhibits depicting life in the Adirondacks in the early days.
- Natural History Museum of the Adirondacks (The WILD Center) at Tupper Lake (34 miles)
- Great Camp Sagamore at Raquette Lake (18 miles). One of the finest examples of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, this camp belonged to the Vanderbuilt family. Experience Life as a Vanderbuilt in the Adirondacks by visiting their summer and winter estate.
- Great Camp Santanoni in Newcomb (30 miles)
There are miles of hiking trails in the immediate area. Climb Blue Mountain (3,759 feet) or Castle Rock (2,200 feet) for a panoromic view of Blue Mountain Lake and the Eckford Chain of lakes. Just a 45 minute drive takes you to the high peaks trailheads. Nearby hikes include the following:
♦ Blue Mountain
♦ Castle Rock
♦ Goodnow Mountain
♦ Owls Head Mountain
♦ Snowy Mountain
♦ Sawyer Mountain
♦ Wilson Pond
♦ Tirrell Pond
♦ Rock Pond
♦ Rock Lake
♦ Stephens Pond
♦ Cascade Pond
Additional information can be found here and at Adirondacks.com.
There are two area golf courses in Indian Lake...only minutes away. These are Cedar River Golf Course (518-648-5906) and Wakely Lodge Golf Course (518-648-5011).
Fish the lakes or nearby waters for salmon, Lake trout, Brook Trout, Whitefish, Bass, or Tiger Muskie. Arrangements can also be made to fly to a remote pond for a day of fishing.
Other Guest Favorites
- Horseback Trail Riding - Circle B Ranch in Chestertown and Emerald Springs Ranch & XTC Guest Ranch in Saranac Lake
- Wagon Rides to Great Camp Santanoni
- Historic Cruise on Raquette Lake - Offers scenic, moonlight and dining cruises.
- White Water Rafting on the Upper Hudson River
- Scenic Plane/Seaplane Excursions from Long Lake - Helms Aero Tours (518-624-3931)
- Mountain Biking
- Canoeing/Kayaking Historic Steamboat Route from Raquette Lake to Blue Mountain Lake
- Scenic Train Ride - Saratoga & North Creek Railway offers breathtaking Adirondack views along the upper Hudson River. In addition to scenic tours, the railway offers connecting service with Amtrak in Saratoga.
Onsite Blue Mountain Outfitters
Blue Mountain Outfitters full outdoor retail shop can provide you with canoe and Kayak rentals, maps, trail guides, and information about canoeing, hiking, fishing, and Bicycling in the Adirondacks.
Fishing guides are available with advanced notice.